Baked Hot Chocolate
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 4 eggs
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler.
- Put sugar and eggs in a bowl, warm them slightly over warm water until warm to the touch but not cooked.
- Whip sugar and eggs with a whisk until very light and frothy, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully fold eggs into the chocolate mixture, being careful not to over mix and cause eggs to deflate.
- Pour into wide coffee mugs. Bake in a water bath at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from water bath and top with marshmallows. Bake 5 more minutes until golden – watch carefully.
Sorry, comments are closed for this item.