Ultimate Christmas Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 5 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dutch cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Whipped cream for topping optional
- Crushed peppermint for decorations optional
- Pour milk into a small pot and heat over medium heat until it almost simmers but doesn't boil.
- Add to milk chocolate, cocoa powder, brown sugar, cornstarch, and both extracts. Use a spatula or whisk to stir every 10 seconds or so. It may look grainy, but as the chocolate cools the color will deepen and everything will come together. Continue heating for 3-5 minutes until it becomes thick and creamy.
- Pour hot chocolate into 2 mugs. Top with whipped cream and crushed peppermint.
Sorry, comments are closed for this item.